Monday, June 20, 2016

Flower Power bangle in a new colorway

Hello everyone! 

When I started making this beadwoven bangle I had very few copper 11/0 seed beads (actually dark bronze, but I like to call this color copper because that's what is looks to me :)). But I had already chosen the colors I wanted to use for this project and didn't want to make any other modifications to it. However, I wasn't sure if that quantity of seed beads I had was going to be enough to make the entire bracelet. 

I started beading and I was hoping and hoping and hoping ...  and only a few cm before the end I ran out of copper seed beads, I was almost there ... I had everything I needed to finish the beaded bangle except for the little copper seed beads! There was no other choice but to put put this beading project aside until I would make an order for the materials I needed. 

But then I thought what if I would just add a magnetic clasp? That's what I did and there it is - my finished "Flower Power" bangle in a new colorway!


The colors I used are: 

dark bronze 11/0 Japanese seed beads (Toho 222)
rainbow light topaz/sea foam lined 11/0 Japanese seed beads (Toho 952)
aqua travertine two-hole Czech Superduo beads

There's a BEADING TUTORIAL available for this bangle in my ETSY shop or CRAFTSY shop.

Have a great week and enjoy beading!
Iulia

No comments:

Post a Comment